West Brom vs Derby
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: The Hawthorns (West Bromwich)
West Brom has finally opened the flood gates with the two recent wins. The team who is in the second position was suffering from a four-match winless run before those victories.
But they may have a surprise incoming as they meet Derby, especially since the reverse leg ended as a draw.
Derby needs to win this one to keep the pressure on Cardiff who is currently occupying the last playoff post. All remaining matches are important for both these teams.
Derby displayed a spirited performance against a strong Nottingham Forest and as a result, the match ended 1-1. This draw put an end to a four-game winning run they had in the league.
West Brom vs Derby: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Derby remains unbeaten in four competitive meetings with this opposition.
- Both these sides have scored in all six previous clashes across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in five of those six games as well.
- West Brom previously won this fixture over a decade ago.
- The visitors have a two-match winning streak going on at this ground.
- Both sides have two wins each in their last 5 head to head games here.
- In four of those five games, both teams found the back of the net.
- The three recent clashes also saw a score with more than 2.5 goals.
West Brom vs Derby: Prediction
This match has a draw written all over it. Both the teams are in no mood to lose. Derby has an impressive winning run going on and they have shown character to reach the playoffs.
The hosts are also on a winning streak and despite a poor show in head to head matches, they are not to be written off. So I am backing with this match to end as a draw on Wednesday.
There will be no shortage of goals when these two face off. The hosts are at the top of the table mainly due to one of the strongest attacking units in the competition.
The away team also has a healthy scoring rate this season. The last three meetings between them saw a score with more than 2.5 goals. The recent games of both these teams also had a similar final score. So we can expect a high scoring game.
West Brom vs Derby: Betting Tips
Match to draw @ 4.00 (3/1).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).