West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 29th December 2018
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: The Hawthorns (West Bromwich).
West Bromwich Albion hosts Sheffield Wednesday at The Hawthorns this week. The match concludes the 25th round for both these teams in the English Championship.
West Bromwich Albion is the 3rd team in the table and has posted 45 points on the board. Their record reads 13 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses. The team scored 52 goals and conceded 31 in return.
Sheffield Wednesday is placed 16th in the table after registering 30 points this season. They have a record of 8 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses till the last match-day. The team managed to get on the score sheet 30 times and conceded 40 in return.
West Bromwich Albion won against Wigan, last match-day, at home. The final score was 2-0. Sheffield Wednesday won against Middlesbrough with a scoreline of 0-1, on the road, in their last fixture.
West Brom vs Sheffield Wednesday Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sheffield Wednesday drew the last h2h match against West Bromwich Albion.
- West Bromwich Albion is unbeaten in their last 8 matches.
- Sheffield Wednesday was winless in 11 of their last 15 games.
- West Bromwich Albion was unbeaten in 16 of their last 19 home-ties.
- Sheffield Wednesday was winless in 5 of their last 6 fixtures on the road.
- West Bromwich Albion has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 24 of their last 25 home-ties.
- Sheffield Wednesday has scored in12 of their last 15 overall games and in 12 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Gayle D has been the best player for West Bromwich Albion with 13 goals and 3 assists this season, and Joao L for Sheffield Wednesday, with 8 goals and 1 assist.
West Brom vs Sheffield Wednesday Prediction
West Bromwich has the best frontline in the entire English Championship. They score goals for fun, and at their home, it’s a lost cause for any visiting team. They are the only side in the tournament to break the 50-goal barrier.
Also, they are the only team to break the 30-goal barrier at home. West Brom has scored 19 goals alone in their last eight overall matches. At home, they scored 39 goals from their last 16 fixtures.
The above facts alone are enough to establish what kind of a goal-scoring threat West Bromwich possesses. Pit them against a team, Sheffield Wednesday, who have lost four of their last six away games, and has conceded 12 goals in their last five away ties – the fixture becomes almost a no-contest.
West Bromwich will easily win the first half, and score in both the halves.
West Brom vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Tips
Half Time Result: West Bromwich Albion to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
To Score in Both Halves: West Bromwich Albion @ 2.00 (1/1).