Werder Bremen and Augsburg will face off against each other at Weserstadion on Saturday as they fight to avoid the relegation zone. Werder Bremen are just a point above Augsburg who are already in the relegation zone, a win to any of the side puts them out of the drop zone for the time being.
Both teams lost their last games and are hoping for nothing less than a win in this game to boost their fighting spirit.
- Werder Bremen are without a win in 8 of their last 10 home games.
- Bremen have scored at least a goal in their last 9 home games.
- Werder Bremen have drawn 5 of their last 6 home games and won 1.
- Augsburg have won only 1 of their last 5 away games.
- Augsburg have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away games.
Werder Bremen: Team News
Pappy Djilobodji is still serving his suspension, while Claudio Pizarro may feature in this game if he is found fit in time.
Werder Bremen : Predicted Line-up (3-5-2)
Wiedwald – Garcia, Vestergaard, Galvez – Selassie, Bartels, Fritz, Yatabare, Oztunali – Ujah, Junuzovic.
Augsburg: Team News
Gouweleeuw is expected to start at the back with Klavan while Alfred plays alone upfront
Augsburg: Predicted Line-up (4-1-4-1)
Hitz – Janker, Gouweleeuw, Klavan, Philipp Max – Baier – Kohr, Bobadilla, Altintop, Caiuby – Alfred.
Werder Bremen vs Augsburg: Head-to-Head
- The teams share three wins each from their last six Bundesliga meetings.
- The last four matches witnessed over 2.5 goals, with three of them seeing 3.5 goals.
- Bremen remains unbeaten in the last two home matches against Augsburg, after winning in both of them.
Werder Bremen vs Augsburg: Prediction
These two teams are not in good form but the home side seems to be in a better condition and are more defensive in their recent home games which has resulted in 5 draws in 6 games.
Judging on the statement above I think its safer to bet Werder Bremen win or draw