Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC
Australia – A-League
Date: Saturday, 21 December 2019
Kick-off at 03:45 UK/ 04:45 CET
Venue: Westpac Stadium (Wellington).
Being the table toppers, Sydney FC will be the favorites in the clash with Wellington Phoenix at the Westpac Stadium.
- Wellington Phoenix form: 9 matches – 3 wins – 2 draws – 4 losses – 11 points.
- Sydney FC form: 9 matches – 8 wins – 0 draws – 1 loss – 24 points.
Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sydney has registered four of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Two of Sydney’s prior three wins were recorded as the visitor.
- The host is winless in their last seven fixtures at home.
- Their previous encounter gave a home win for Sydney FC.
Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC Prediction
Even though Wellington Phoenix are playing at home, they will not be holding the ground advantage in their hand.
Their previous encounter in the league with Melbourne Victory ended in a goalless draw on the road. It marked the second draw in their past five fixtures.
After losing the first two home matches, the Nix has not lost until now. Even so, their victory was against teams below them in the table.
Meanwhile, Sydney FC is at the top of the table with a 13 point difference with the hosting contingent.
Besides that, Sydney hosted Central Coast Mariners to take all three points from the 1-0 event in the previous league clash.
Hence, the visitor will be confident to face the Nix on the road. Apart from that Sydney has won three of their four away fixtures so far in the campaign.
As such, the visitor has more chance of winning the clash. However, it is safe to go with a double chance in the match. Also, we can expect a high scoring affair probably over 2.5 goals in ninety minutes.
Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC Betting tips
Double chance: Draw or Sydney FC @ 1.40 (2/5).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (4/6).