Watford vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 28 December 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Vicarage Road.
The Hammers are playing with fire now. They had a great chance of making the top-four if they had maintained their earlier form, but as per now, they are on a course to not even qualify for the Conference League.
Teams that were just below them have used this time to climb to the top, and currently West Ham sit sixth in the table. And they have a lead of just one point over the in-form Manchester United, who have two fixtures in hand.
Suffice it to say that the Hammers need a win at any cost this Tuesday, to keep their European hopes alive. It’s lucky that they are pitted against the newly-promoted Watford, who are on a long losing streak.
Likely, count on West Ham to treat this match-up as a final, and secure the three points.
Watford vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-1 win for the Hammers.
- They had scored three or more goals in the last three meetings in a row.
- It’s been four years since the hosts have won at this venue.
- In fact, in the past three decades, the hosts have won just thrice at this ground.
Watford vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
West Ham did lose 2-3 at home the last match-day against Southampton. But it was a closely contested game, and their tough schedule likely had its toll on them.
This Tuesday, they are desperate, and will be eager to take advantage of their game against one of the minnows of the competition.
Watford had lost 2-1 on the road the past game week, against the newly-promoted Brentford. They are also on a four-game losing run, and had conceded a total of 11 goals in the process. They had also lost eight of their past ten fixtures, and they have a single win at home since August.
Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years. Considering these observations, expect a win for West Ham this Tuesday at the Vicarage Road.
Key Stats for Betting
- Watford are placed 17th in the table, with a surplus of just two points over the relegation cut-off.
- They are one of the only two squads in the table to have lost the last four league matches on the trot.
- Meanwhile, the Hammers have lost just thrice on the road during this campaign. And two of these losses had come against Manchester City, and Arsenal.
Tips for Watford vs West Ham
West Ham to Win @ 2.20 (6/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by West Ham @ 2.00 (1/1).