Watford vs Brighton
2018/19 English Premier League
Date: Saturday, 11th August 2018
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Vicarage Road (Watford).
Watford kick start the 2018-19 English Premier League campaign with the home game to Brighton on Saturday, 11 August 2018.
The Hornets had a brilliant start to last season under Marco Silva, but went into the turmoil since that eventually resulted in the sacking of the Portuguese tactician.
The Spanish manager Javi Gracia took over the reins, but he failed to bring any substantial change to the team and they only needed up finishing 14th in the standings.
Watford also lost their star attacking player Richarlison to Everton and will be without the services of the experienced Nordin Amrabat and Mauro Zarate.
On the other hand, Brighton impressed in patches last season and achieved a decent 15th place in their first season after promotion.
Things would have been better for Chris Hughton and his men, however the team ended up winning just 1 of their last 10 Premier League games.
However, some smart buys in the summer transfer window, the prominent of which is the record arrival of Alireza Jahanbakhsh from AZ Alkmaar, will help the team to better their league position this term.
Watford vs Brighton Head-to-head
- There was only 1 goal scored in the two Premier League meetings between the two sides last season.
- The 1-0 win belongs to Brighton at their own backyard after the reverse earlier the season ended in a drab draw.
- Their last 6 h2h meetings saw under 2.5 goals as well as 13 of their last 17 in all competitions.
- Their last 17 duels in all competitions saw 6 Watford wins as against 5 wins for Brighton and 6 draws.
- The last two at the Vicarage Road are draws, while the teams share 2 wins each from the previous 4.
- All of the previous 9 h2h meetings at the Vicarage Road saw less than 3 goals scored.
Watford vs Brighton Prediction
This will be a cagey affair with both teams missing a number of players through injury. Thus, this will not be a free flowing game, an avoiding a defeat will be their priority here.
Since, a high percentage of their head-to-head meetings recorded few goals, we can confidently back under 2.5 goals here without having to worry about the ft result.
Watford vs Brighton Betting Tips
Under 2.5 goals at 2/3 (1.67)
Correct First half score 0-0 at 8/5 (2.60).