After being kicked out of the FA Cup semi final by Crystal Palace last Sunday, Watford will be hoping to bounce back with a win when they host a relegated Aston Villa at Vicarage road on Saturday.
The Villans will be playing this game as a build up for next season’s Championship, given that they are already relegated and have nothing to loose or gain if they win or loose the game. However they will be searching for a win to at least put some pride in their broken wings.
- Watford have lost 5 of their last 7 matches in the Premier League, with a win and a draw.
- The Hornets are also without a win in their last 5 home games in the league.
- Four of the last five home games of Watford have seen under 2.5 goals.
- Aston Villa have lost their last 10 premier league games.
- Aston Villa are also very poor away, they have lost their last 5 away premier league games and they are without a win in their last 16 premier league games.
- Aston Villa are also rough, they have received the most yellow cards 70 in this season’s premier league
Watford: Team News
Etienne Capoue is likely to miss the game via knee injury while Joel Ekstrand is struggling with fitness. Tommy Hoban and Rene Gilmartin are the players out on injury for Watford.
Watford: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Ake, Britos, Cathcart, Nyom
Behrami, Suarez, Watson, Jurado
Aston Villa: Team News
Ciaran Clark and Richardson both have a knock and may be out of the clash while the club has placed Gabriel Agbonlahor on Suspension. Jordan Amavi is out of the game due to a knee problem.
Aston Villa: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Hutton, Lescott, Clark, Cisokho
Ayew, Gueye, Sinclair
Watford vs Aston Villa: Head-To-Head stats
Both teams have met 15 teams and the home side Watford have won lesser number of games 4, they have lost 6 times to the Villans and have drawn 5 times.
Watford have only lost once at home to Aston Villa, they have won 3 games and drew 3.
Watford vs Aston Villa: Prediction
Though Watford have been in a bad condition, they are far better than their visitors who are already relegated and are just playing for pride.
Watford may be in a safe position and seem not to have anything to loose, but they need to get back to wining ways and finish this campaign in high spirit. I expect Watford to win this game, scoring at least 2 goals.
Watford vs Aston Villa: Bet Tips
Best bet: Watford win.
Correct score bet: 2-1.