Waasland-Beveren vs Oud-Heverlee Leuven
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Freethiel Stadion (Beveren)
The home team started the season off with a win over Kortrijk away from home. After three matches they have only that win to show for. Currently, they are on a two-match losing streak which is why they are 13th in the table. Like most teams at the bottom of the table, they have given away more goals than what they scored so far.
AS expected the newly promoted side is still winless after three rounds. They are coming into this match after the defeat of Sporting Charleroi who is second in the table. Since they are unbeaten against this opposition for over four years, the away fans will be hopeful.
Waasland-Beveren vs Leuven Head-to-head (h2h)
- The home team has two wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across various venues.
- Both sides have two wins each in the five recent head to head games at this ground.
- In four of those five games at this ground, the score had fewer than 2.5 goals as well.
- Leuven has no wins in their last nine competitive games in both first and second division.
- The hosts have lost all four latest matches at this ground.
Waasland-Beveren vs Leuven Prediction
Based on the previous history between them there is a high chance that we will be in for a draw. The away team is unbeaten in four last meetings with these hosts. They have already drawn two games so far. Also, the last head to head meeting saw a goalless draw at Leuven. Since the home side is consistently losing matches I am backing this one to end with both teams sharing points.
Both sides found the back of the net in the last four league games played by the newbie. A similar scoreline is visible in three back to back games of the home teams as well. Since both of them are giving away goals for fun we can expect goals t both ends of the field.
Waasland-Beveren vs Leuven Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.60 (13/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).