Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Freethiel Stadion (Beveren)
There is a big difference between these two sides in terms of points. Waasland is staring at a possible relegation at the bottom of the league. They have lost 17 of their 27 league matches so far. No other teams have conceded more goals than them as well.
The hosts are on a 5 match losing streak which looks like it’s going to go further unless they strengthen their backline.
Anderlecht is feeling the heat in mid-table as the league is reaching its final stage. Very few points separate teams from 7th to 10th positions and every point is important considering the big picture.
Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Anderlecht is unbeaten in their last 6 meetings against this opposition.
- The last time Beveren won was back in October 2016.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 6 of their last 7 clashes.
- Their latest head to head game ended as a goalless draw.
- Anderlecht has a 2 match win streak at this ground.
- They have won 3 and lost the other two in the last 5 trips here.
- The last 3 h2h matches saw a final score with more than 2.5 goals.
Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht: Prediction
The hosts have lost their 2 recent home matches. They have been poor in front of their own fans as they lost 8 of their 13 home matches at home. The goals conceded in that match are 27 against 12 scored. With a losing streak going on I don’t see them winning against a team like Anderlecht who are in good form. So I am backing the visitors to continue their winning streak at this ground.
There is absolutely no doubt that the home defense will break under pressure. Anderlecht has produced better performances in attacking even they have not won matches constantly. An example was the last league match at home against Eupen which they won 6-1. So we can expect both teams scoring in this one.
Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht: Betting Tips
Anderlecht to win @ 1.75 (3/4).
Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).