Clube Vitoria vs Internacional
Brazilian Serie A
Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2018
Kick-Off at 23:30 UK / 00:30 CET
Venue: Estadio Manoel Barradas, Salvador.
Both Vitoria and Internacional have seen a rise in form in their latest Serie A fixtures coming into the head to head clash on Wednesday evening at Estadio Manoel Barradas. These two sides entered the new season as main contenders for the relegation to second tier which is why mid-week tie will be of a huge importance for both managers.
The hosts started the season in a horrendous fashion claiming only one point from four opening rounds. Nevertheless, they took as many as seven from last three outings to move away from the relegation scrap.
Internacional returned to the top flight after a two-year break and they look to be enjoying their time here. Colorado climbed up to eighth place in the league ladder after back-to-back wins over Chapecoense and Corinthians in last two matches.
Vitoria vs Internacional: Head-to-head
- The Copa do Brasil draw has put these two outfits together in the early stages as they took on each other just a month ago in this competition.
- Both teams took narrow home wins in two legs, but Vitoria advanced on penalties.
- Overall, Leao da Barra were much more successful winning 11 and losing only 5 of 23 head to head games with Internacional.
- Vitoria won 9, drew 3 and lost just 1 of 13 home matches against Colorado.
Vitoria vs Internacional: Prediction
Internacional may have won seven points from last three rounds, but they are yet to score on the road in this term of Serie A. Colorado failed to do it after three games (against Gremio, Palmeiras and Flamengo). This, combined with the fact they’ve won just 1 of 13 away matches against Vitoria over the course of history gives value to the home win or draw double chance pick at the odds of 1.50.
Nevertheless, the hosts have the second weakest defensive record in the league after seven rounds. Knowing Internacional notched five goals in last two home wins, we could alternatively shoot for the 1.80 odds offered for goals at both ends.
Vitoria vs Internacional: Bet Tips
- Vitoria or Draw Double Chance @ 1.50
- Both teams to score @ 1.80.