Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 1 May 2022
Kick-off at 15:30 UK/ 16:30 CET
Venue: Estádio D. Afonso Henriques.
Vitoria are currently placed sixth in the table, and they are desperate to secure a top-five finish. The reason being, only teams placed fifth and above can take part in European competitions representing Portugal next season.
As of now they need a surplus of five points to climb level with the fifth-placed Gil Vicente. However, it needs to be mentioned that Gil Vicente next take on the second-placed Sporting who are in absolutely brilliant form.
This scenario needs to be taken advantage of by Guimaraes. And it helps their case that they are pitted against the struggling Santa Clara.
As things stand, expect a win for Vitoria this Sunday.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara Head-to-head (h2h)
- Victoria won two of the past three encounters.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had finished in a 1-0 win for the hosts.
- In fact, the hosts have a 100 percentage winning record at this stadium in league meetings.
- It’s been 22 years since the visitors have scored a goal at this ground in a league fixture.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara Prediction & Analysis
Vitoria were unbeaten in five of their past seven overall fixtures, and they have lost just twice at home in the past seven months.
On the other hand, Santa Clara were winless in nine of their past eleven overall games, and they had remained so in 17 of their preceding 19 road trips.
Finally, they also have a poor head-to-head record against this opponent at this venue.
Taking into account these observations expect a win for Vitoria this Sunday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Santa Clara have recorded a total of just one win on the road all through the campaign.
- Vitoria have failed to score at home just once since September.
Tips for Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara
Vitoria Guimaraes to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Correct Score: 3-1 Vitoria Guimaraes @ 18.00 (17/1).