Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020
Kick-off at 15:30 UK/ 16:30 CET
Venue: Estadio D. Afonso Henriques (Guimaraes).
With both teams having a decent scoring form in the campaign, we can expect the total to be over 2.5 goals in ninety minutes at Guimaraes.
- Vitoria Guimaraes form: 16 matches – 5 wins – 7 draws – 4 losses – 22 points.
- Santa Clara form: 16 matches – 4 wins – 5 draws – 7 losses – 17 points.
Vitoria Guimaraes is at the sixth spot currently while Santa Clara is at the bottom part of the table at the 14th spot.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara Head-to-head (h2h)
- The host has recorded three of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Four of Guiamaraes’s last five wins were registered as the host.
- Guimaraes is unbeaten at home in all their fixtures since 2000.
- Their previous encounter awarded a 1-0 home win for Santa Clara.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara Prediction
With a five-point lead over Santa Clara, Vitoria Guimaraes will have the upper hand in the match based on their overall league performance.
In their previous encounter in the campaign, Guimaraes shared the spoils in a goalless scoreline with Maritimo. It marked their fourth unbeaten game in the last five fixtures.
Meanwhile, Santa Clara registered their third loss in the past five league fixtures after the 0-1 loss against Rio Ave in their previous clash.
Besides that, Guimaraes has lost its prior home match in the campaign. Even so, they have lost only two of their eight home matches so far.
In the meantime, Santa Clara has been unbeaten in the last three trips on the road with two draws in it. Since they have only two wins in their seven away fixtures, they cannot be counted on to win against a top part team.
Hence, Guimaraes has more chance of winning the game. Based on their current form, the host can be expected to lead in the first half of the clash.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Santa Clara Betting tips
Half-time result: Vitoria Guimaraes @ 1.90 (9/10).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).