Villarreal vs Celta Vigo
Spanish La Liga
Date: Sunday, 16th October 2016,
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK.
Venue: El Madrigal, Villareal.
Yellow Submarine hosts Celta Vigo for match day 8 of the 2016/2017 Laliga Sanatander.
Villarreal played a goalless draw with Espanyol in their last game before the international break. The yellow submarine will be hosting their 4th league games at home, after they had earlier won 2 and drawn 1 in their earlier 3. However, Villarreal currently sits 5th on the log with 13 points from 7 games.
Celta Vigo enjoyed a shocking 4-3 win over Barcelona in match day 7. The Sky blue have failed to drop point in 3 straight league games as they will be preparing for their 4th away game of the season. However, Celta Vigo currently sits 10th on the log with 10 point from 7 games.
- Villarreal currently maintains 8 games unbeaten run. In addition, the yellow submarine has won 3 of their last 3 games at home, and once at home so far this season.
- Celta Vigo currently maintains 5 straight win and have failed to loss in 7 consecutive games. Moreover, the Sky blue has also failed to loss in their last 3 competitive games.
- Celta Vigo enjoyed a 2-1 win over Villarreal at the same fixture last season. In addition, the both sides share 2 wins each in the last 5 encounter between them
Villarreal: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Asenjo: Costa, Ruiz, Musacchio, Mario Gaspar: Bruno, Trigueros- Castillejo, Soriano, Cheryshev: Sansone
Celta Vigo: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Alvarez: Roncaglia, Cabral, Gomez Sola, Mallo: Radoja, Wass: Sisto, Diaz, Bongonda: Aspas.
Villarreal vs Celta Vigo: Head-to-Head Stats
Celta Vigo remained unbeaten in the two La Liga fixtures of 2015/16 season with a win in the corresponding away fixture followed by a goal-less draw at home.
It is hard to separate the two teams looking at the recent head-to-head stats. The teams share 2 wins and a draw in last 5 league meetings in all venues. While Celta Vigo have managed 3 wins in their last 5 trips to El Madrigal and lost twice.
Villarreal vs Celta Vigo: Prediction
Villarreal and Celta Vigo are going into this game with good forms. However Celta Vigo consistent win in the last 3 games, especially their 4-3 surprising win over defending champions, will see many bookmakers look their way for this clash.
Therefore, I will predict both teams sharing points in this one.
Villarreal vs Celta Vigo: Betting Tips
- Both Teams to Score at Evens (2.00)
- Full Time Result in Draw at 5/2 (3.50).