Hellas Verona vs Inter Milan
2017/18 Italian Serie A.
Date: Monday, 30 October 2017
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi (Verona).
Inter will have a great chance to continue their flying start to the season as they take on struggling Hellas Verona to wrap up matchday 11 on Monday evening.
The Nerazzurri earned a 3-2 win over Sampdoria last round, and despite shipping two late goals, it was enough for Luciano Spalletti’s men to continue their unbeaten start to the current campaign. This has seen them involved early on in the battle for the Scudetto alongside league leaders Napoli, and in fact, Inter are the only side to have successfully stopped the Partenopei from scoring.
Interestingly, though, Inter tend to be a lot more conservative in their travels. Although they conceded two against Sampdoria at home, and two against AC Milan in the Derby della Madonnina, they have conceded a total of three on the road – and that included facing Napoli. Given that Hellas Verona have scored a measly six goals so far this season, it’s hard to see them troubling Inter much.
That being said, whilst Inter don’t concede a great deal of goals they also tend to score less on the road. They have netted about two goals per game in away fixtures, and that includes against strugglers like Crotone and Benevento. Hellas Verona have shipped a whopping 22 goals thus far, making them the second-worst defense besides bottom-ranked Benevento, so the visitors should be able to get the job done and keep up the pressure on Napoli at the top of the table.
Verona vs Inter Milan: Head-to-head statistics
- Inter Milan have won four of their last six meetings with Verona
- Verona have failed to win 10 of their last 11 matches
- Inter are undefeated in their last 13 matches against Verona in all competitions
- Inter have scored at least 2 goals in 12 of their last 13 matches against Verona in all competitions
- Inter have won 10 of their last 12 matches
- Inter haven’t lost to Verona since February 1992 in Serie A
- Since then they have won 11 and drawn three times
- Verona have shipped at least two goals in seven of their ten Serie A matches thus far this season
Verona vs Inter Milan: Prediction
Inter so far have scored two goals against Crotone and Benevento on the road. At home, they also netted twice against SPAL, showing that it does take them some time, predictably, to break down struggling sides who park the bus.
Verona will do the same thing here as they’re desperate for points. That being said, they will find a break through as Verona have failed to win 10 of their last 11, and the Nerazzurri are in too strong form not to win this match.
Verona vs Inter Milan: Betting tips
Under 2.5 goals at 2.35
Inter – WIN (YES) and BTTS – (NO) at 2.25