SC Verl vs Union Berlin
Germany – DFB Pokal
Date: Wednesday, 5 February 2020
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Sportclub Arena (Verl).
As a team from the fourth division of German Football takes on a top-flight squad, there arises no confusion as to whom the tag of the favorites go – Union Berlin, from the Bundesliga.
SC Verl vs Union Berlin Head-to-head (h2h)
- It’s been more than a decade since these two have locked horns, as either have been playing far apart in the German hierarchy. Anyhow, Union Berlin won the last time these two locked horns. Then, they were on the road, and recorded a 2-3 scoreline.
- The last Verl registered a victory against this opponent was back in 2001.
- Only once have the Berlin outfit failed to score since 2000.
- Both teams scored goals in all of the encounters at this stadium.
- 100% of clashes at this venue had over 2.5 goals.
SC Verl vs Union Berlin Prediction
Verl had held Kiel to a 1-1 draw at home in the previous round, even after the extra time. As a result, the game extended to penalty shootout, and there Verl managed to narrowly eliminate their opponents.
Meanwhile, Union Berlin defeated Freiburg on the road, with a 1-3 scoreline in the prior round. The ability of the Berlin outfit to deal with intense pressure was on full display, as they scored twice in the dying minutes of the game, while the score was 1-1.
As things stand this Wednesday, Berlin are the overwhelming favorites. They are part of one of the best leagues in Europe, and take on some of the best teams in the world week-in, week-out. They are far more experienced, and exposed than their counterparts.
On the other hand, Verl ply their trade in a semi-professional league, and have not won against this opponent in the past 19 years. Most importantly, Union Berlin know how to deal with pressure- which was evident in the way they secured promotion to the top flight, after an exhausting campaign the last season.
By all means, expect a Union Berlin win this Wednesday, that too in style.
SC Verl vs Union Berlin Betting Tips
Union Berlin to Win @ 1.60 (3/5)
Half Time/ Full Time: Union Berlin/ Union Berlin @ 2.25 (5/4).