Venezuela vs Peru
South America – World Cup Qualification
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Olimpico de la UCV.
Peru desperately need points against Venezuela, but they have just been struggling badly to perform on the road against this opposition historically. Knowing that Venezuela also managed to beat Ecuador in their previous home fixture, the home win is our way to go here at the 2.87 odds.
Venezuela vs Peru Head-to-head
- Peru lead the head to head tie by three wins in the last 19 clashes against Venezuela.
- However, they have a dreadful record on the road against the Venezuelans who have won four and drawn one of the last five World Cup qualifiers against Peru on the home soil.
- Venezuela, however, failed to find the back of the net in any of the last three games against Peru.
Venezuela vs Peru Predictions & Analysis
Peru got their qualifying campaign up and running on Thursday evening when they demolished Bolivia 3-0 on the home patch.
Gianluca Lapadula, Christian Cueva, and Sergio Pena bagged three goals within the opening 40 minutes of the game, putting it way out of the Bolivian reach.
It was a very important victory for Peru whose ambitions arose once again despite the back-to-back defeats in October.
They are now just two points shy of the top-four positions and desperately need another victory on Tuesday night against Venezuela.
The fact that the match will be played in Caracas does make things much harder for Peru, but they certainly have what it takes to see off the weakest team on the continent here.
Venezuela sit at the very foot of the South American Qualification table with just 7 points from 13 games.
However, they’ve claimed all seven points on the home patch and they have already defeated another World Cup hopefuls Ecuador last month in their previous home fixture.
Key Stats for Betting
- Venezuela took all of their seven points on the home patch in this qualifying term.
- Venezuela only suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat away against Ecuador five days ago.
- Peru lost four and drew one of the last five away clashes against Venezuela on the road.
- Peru have a poor away record of one win, one draw, and four defeats in six qualifiers.
Venezuela vs Peru Betting Tips
Venezuela to win @ 2.87 (15/8)
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.50 (1/2)