Valerenga vs Sogndal:
Date: Friday, 15 July 2016
Kick-off: 18:00 UK Time
Venue: Ullevaal Stadion (Oslo).
Valarenga will welcome Sogndal at Ullevaal Stadion (Oslo), on Friday 15 July 2016 as they look to get their season back on track.
Vaalerenga has been among the poor sides in this season’s Tippeligean, having lost 10 of their last 15 games, they are 15 on the league table with 11 points, they are coming into this game from a 4-1 defeat at Brann the last time out, they will hope to get a home win in this game to record their first league in 7 games.
Sogndal enter this game from a 1-0 away victory at Stabeak, they are currently 9th on the league table with 21 points, having won 5 of their 15 games, drawn 6 and lost 4, they will be hoping for another away win in this game to climb further up in the table.
- Valerenga has been on a very poor form recently, they are without a win in their last 6 games, losing 4 and drawn 2 of the last 6 games.
- At home Valerenga are currently on a 2 game losing streak.
- Sogndal haven’t been in the best of form but they are way better than their opponent, they are unbeaten in their last 8 league games.
- Sogndal have drawn 4 of their last games and won 2, they are currently on a 2 game winning streak.
- On the road, Sogndal are unbeaten in their last away games.
Valerenga: Predicted line up (4-4-2)
Sandberg – Lindkvist, Larsen, Tollas Nat., Lundstrom – Zahid, Berg, Stengel, Holm – Omarsson, Abdellaoue.
Sogndal: Predicted Line up (4-4-2)
Dyngeland – Raitala, Patronen, Psyche, Teniste – Kjemhus, Birkelund, Sarr, Koomson – Ramsland, Sveen.
Valerenga vs Sogndal: Head-to-Head
The two teams have played 22 games in the past which the home tram have won 9 times and lost 7 times to Sogndal. The home team have dominated their last 6 games as they have won 4 of the last 6 fixture.
Their last meeting ended in a hard fought 1-0 victory for Sogndal.
Valerenga vs Sogndal: Predictions
The home team are in contention for relegation and would fight hard to at least to get a draw in this game, but but with the Visitors current form, i don’t think they will slip as they are aiming for the Uefa Europa League spot by the season end.
The Visitors have a good goal scoring record in their last 4 games having scored a total of 9 goals in the last 4 games, they are capable of striking twice or more in this game.
I predicted a 2-0 win for the visitors.
1. Sogndal win
2. Sogndal clean sheet
3. Over 1.5 goals