Valencia vs Atletico Madrid
Spanish La Liga 2016/17
Date: Sunday, 2nd October 2016
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK
Venue: Mestalla, Valencia.
Valencia’s season have finally come to life as they notched up back-to-back wins to put behind a 4 match losing streak at the start of the season. At the same time, it has be pin pointed that both wins have come against the newly promoted sides – Alaves and Leganes. However these wins will serve as a much needed boost to their morale and confidence, especially after the sacking of Pako Ayestaran. Valencia are still without a regular manager and Salvador Gonzalez aka Voro serving as a care-taker manager for the fourth time in two seasons.
Atletico Madrid are coming on the back of a much deserved 1-0 win over Bayern Munich in the mid-week’s Champions League clash. The team that started the season with back-to-back draws in the league against newly promoted sides have finally come to their very best. They drew 1-1 against Barcelona a fortnight ago and are currently third in the league. And a 2 point gap with city rivals and league leaders Real Madrid and one point below the second placed Barcelona.
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid: Head-to-Head Stats
- Atletico Madrid have won both of the Spanish La Liga meetings against Valencia in the 2015/16 season; 2-1 at home and 3-1 away.
- While Valencia had a mini success in the 2014/15 season with a 1-1 draw at Vicente Calderon and 3-1 win at Mestalla.
- Valencia share 2 wins with Atletico Madrid from their last 4 competitive meetings at home, with 1 match seeing a draw.
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid: Prediction
Atletico Madrid will be playing their fifth match in a span of fifteen days and fatigue could become an issue. Also they are coming after a tough fixture on Wednesday against Bayern Munich and Diego Simeone is expected to rotate his squad. They are already missing the defensive duo Godin and Gimenez through injuries. And are expected to adopt a cautious approach.
While Valencia could be a team on confidence after getting back to winning ways and they will rely on home advantage. They have the quality players at their disposal and a fully fit squad. If silly mistakes are avoided they could salvage a point from this crucial fixture.
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid: Bet Tips
- Both Teams to Score at 1.95 (10/11)
- Under 2.5 goals at 1.80 (4/5).
- Correct Full Time Score Prediction: 1-1 at 6.50 (11/2).