Urawa Red Diamonds vs Yokohama F. Marinos
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Saitama Stadium (Saitama).
The reigning champions were also defeated in their first game of the season. The home defeat against Gamba Osaka has proved that the team has a lot to improve defensively.
Last time they had a six point lead at the top of the table. They are going into their first away game sitting 14th in the table.
A late strike gave the Reds their first win of the season against Shonan Bellmare. After taking a 2-1 lead in the first half Urawa gave away a silly goal in early second half. The defence needs to improve leaps and bounds if they wish to have a better campaign this time around.
Urawa Red Diamonds vs Yokohama F. Marinos: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Marinos have four wins and a defeat in five previous head to head matches.
- They have kept a clean sheet in three of those matches also.
- The latest three meetings had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The visitors are currently on a three match winning streak in clashes at this ground.
- They have kept a clean sheet in all those 3 games here.
- The last time the hosts won here against the Marinos was on April 2015.
Urawa Red Diamonds vs Yokohama F. Marinos: Prediction
The Champions are still recovering from the shocking defeat. But when we look at their stats from previous season, they have lost more matches than teams below them.
But they corrected mistakes as the season progressed and finally got their hands on the trophy. They have never lost at this ground in over five years. So based on their head to head dominance I am backing the visitors to get all three points.
Marinos have never conceded a goal on their three previous trips to this venue. But they have given away goals in 60% of their last 10 away games in league and Cup.
If the hosts can reproduce the same spirit they had in the first game we may see both nets bulge on Saturday.
Urawa Red Diamonds vs Yokohama F. Marinos: Betting Tips
The visitors to win @ 1.67 (2/3).
Both teams to score @ 1.62 (5/8).