Udinese vs Palermo
Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 19 March 2017
Kick-Off: 17:00 UK,
Venue: Dacia Arena (Udine).
Fresh off picking up a much needed win against Pescara, Udinese will hope to build on that as they take on another relegation candidate, Palermo, on Sunday.
The Rosanero have found themselves in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Recently, outspoken and eccentric president Maurizio Zamparini said arriverderci to the club which he had owned for about 15 years. The new owner is arguably as colorful as the previous one, but it remains to be seen if that will help to make any changes for the struggling club, who are shaping up to be featuring in Serie B along with Pescara and Crotone.
Meanwhile, Udinese have done quite well at their home ground as of late. They became the first team to hold Juventus to a draw, and in fact, had they taken advantage of chances that fell their way, they just may have been able to beat the reigning Serie A champs. Luigi Delneri’s men also have beaten AC Milan here and will be fancying their chances.
Palermo are seven points from safety and come here having lost 3-0 to Roma. That was the first time the Rosanero failed to score since Diego Lopez took over. But they have a good record of scoring here, having managed to grab a goal in their last five fixtures, and oddly enough, have fared better (somewhat) in their travels.
Udinese have also conceded in their last five home games, meaning that it’s looking good for Palermo to grab an away goal. However, they have also managed just one clean sheet on their travels, whilst conceding in 11 road fixtures.
Udinese vs Palermo: Head-to-head statistics
- Udinese have a record of W13-D4-L3 in their last 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Palermo have a record of W1-D5-L14 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- The Rosanero have conceded at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 10 away matches.
- Udinese have lost their last two Serie A home games against Palermo, after four wins and two draws in the previous six matches.
- Palermo have lost 8 of their last 10 away matches.
- Udinese won the last Serie A game against Palermo, after three consecutive defeats in the three previous meetings
Udinese vs Palermo: Prediction
After losing three in a row, Udinese have picked up four points from their last two games. Seven out of the last eight games have seen both teams to score, and given that Udinese have conceded in their last five whilst Palermo have scored in their last five trips to their opponents’ home ground, there could be goals at both ends here.
Udinese vs Palermo: Betting tips
- Udinese – WIN at 8/13 (1.62)
- BTTS – YES at 19/20 (1.95).