Udinese vs Genoa
Italy- Serie A
Date: Sunday, 5 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Dacia Arena (Udine)
The hosts will be still buzzing from the win against giants AS Roma. This has lifted the pressure they were carrying over the last few weeks without wins. They have a golden chance to continue this form with Genoa coming home on Sunday. But the hosts have to work on converting chance sin the final third of the pitch. With just 25 goals scored they have the worst scoring stats after Spal and Brescia who are in the relegation zone.
Genoa is so close to the relegation zone after 29 rounds. They are just a point clear of Lecce who has helped them by losing back to back matches. But they are too close to comfort with string opposition to play in upcoming games.
Udinese vs Genoa: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Udinese has a two-game winning streak against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in their 7 previous meetings with Genoa across all venues.
- The hosts are also on a three-match winning run in head to head matches at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their 5 previous head to head matches here.
- The last time Genoa won a competitive game here was back in November 2014.
- Genoa remains unbeaten in five latest league games on the road.
Udinese vs Genoa: Prediction
Genoa has very little chance to win this one. They have only one win in the last five matches which came against AC Milan. But currently, they remain winless in three matches after that. This includes a disappointing draw against relegation placed Brescia. Udinese has the upper hand in head to head games, so I am backing them to win this one comfortably.
Despite losing most of their games, the visitors have scored plenty in recent weeks. They have scored past some of the strongest defenses in the league like Juventus and Lazio. Udinese has displayed their attacking intent against Roma also. So with both of them scoring in consecutive games, we can expect goals on both ends of the pitch on Sunday.
Udinese vs Genoa: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.62(5/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80(4/5).