Udinese vs Bologna
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Monday, 5 December 2016
Kick-Off: 20:00 UK,
Venue: Dacia Arena, Udine.
Both Udinese and Bologna have had difficult seasons. And as such, both the Zebrette and the Rossoblu will be hoping to turn things around as they meet in the final game of matchday 15 on Monday evening. The hosts Udinese are sitting 16th on the log with 15 points, while the visiting Bologna are 15th with 16 points.
The Rossoblu have been especially bad on the road, and have failed to win their past 13 matches. In fact, Bologna haven’t won a road fixture since February 14, 2016. Interestingly enough, the opponent they beat just so happened to be Udinese. But that arguably will seem like a life-time ago for frustrated Bologna fans. The team have yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this term. Of course, Roberto Donadoni’s men have been severely hampered by injuries, including to key striker Mattia Destro. That in itself has not made things easy for a team who have repeatedly escaped relegation, but this time are fighting to stay closer to mid-table and away from the dreaded drop zone.
Meanwhile, Udinese come into this game having won just one out of their past five games. They are currently on a two game losing streak and will be feeling aggrieved about losing to Cagliari – especially considering that the Rossoblu have the worst defensive record so far in the league. The hosts have a great chance to rebound here as Bologna have conceded at least one goal in their past nine matches.
Udinese vs Bologna: Head-to-head statistics
- Udinese have lost just one out of their last nine meetings with Bologna (W4, D4).
- The Zebrette have a record of W4-D5-L11 in their past 20 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Bologna have only scored more than one goal in just one out of their past 14 Serie A away games against Udinese. That was back in February 2004, when they beat the Zebrette 3-1.
- Four out of the Zebrette’s home games against the Rossoblu have finished as a draw.
- Bologna have failed to win their past 13 away games.
- Udinese have conceded at least two goals in five out of their last six home Serie A games.
Udinese vs Bologna: Prediction
Bologna have won just one out of their last 10 games against Udinese across all competitions. They are also still dealing with some major injury worries and as noted have a bad away record. On paper, it appears that this should be all three points for the Zebrette, but Udinese have an unfortunate tendency to shoot themselves in the foot in games they should win without much fuss.
Udinese vs Bologna: Betting tips
Both teams to score – YES at 10/11 (1.91)
Double chance – Udinese to WIN or DRAW at 1/4 (1.25).