UCD vs Derry City
Republic of Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Friday, 11 March 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: UCD Bowl.
UC Dublin were promoted to the top flight at the end of the last season, and it was expected that they would struggle to keep up with the intensity of the Premier Division.
Making the prediction true, they are now placed bottom-most in the table, and have already been deemed as the worst team in the competition.
Meanwhile, Derry City are placed at the top of the table, with a lead of two points. And now they have the opportunity to extend that lead, as they are pitted against the weakest of the lot.
UCD vs Derry City Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-3 win for Derry.
- They had won four of the past five meetings.
- At this venue, the guests are on a nine-fixture winning streak.
- The visitors had scored a total of 23 goals from the last six clashes at this stadium.
UCD vs Derry City Prediction & Analysis
Dublin just lost 4-2 on the road the last match-day, against Drogheda. They are also totally winless this season in the Premier Division, and their latest win at home had come back in October.
On the other hand, Derry are on a long unbeaten streak – which extends back more than four months. They had kept clean sheets in their last two matches, and they had scored two or more goals in four of their past six fixtures.
Do also note that they had lost just thrice on the road since July of 2021.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Derry City this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Derry are completely unbeaten so far this campaign.
- Barring their two draws, they have a 100% winning record. One of these draws had come against the third-placed Dundalk, and the other draw had come against Sligo Rovers, who were placed third in the table the last season.
Tips for UCD vs Derry City
Derry City to Win @ 1.60 (3/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
Correct Score: 3-1 Derry City @ 15.00 (14/1).