Troyes vs Clermont Foot
France – Ligue 2
Date: Friday, 21st December 2018
Kick-off at 19.30 UK/ 20.30 CET
Venue: Stade de l’Aube (Troyes).
The 19th round of the French Ligue 2 witnesses Troyes welcoming Clermont Foot to the Stade de l’Aube. The game is scheduled for Friday. Both sides are comfortably placed in the mid-table and has obvious plans to get to the playoff spots.
Troyes secured a draw in their last league match, against Nancy, and was on the road for the fixture. Nancy had scored first, but Troyes held on and got the equalizer in the 75th minute. Dembele got on the scoresheet for Nancy, and Touzghar did the same for Troyes.
Clermont played out a draw against Lens, at home, last weekend. The final score was 0-0. The moral victory was for the home team, as they took the third-placed team in the league by horns, and fought them on equal terms. Sure, a win would have been nice, but no Clermont fan would be dejected by the result.
Troyes vs Clermont Foot Head-to-head (h2h)
- Troyes won the last h2h match with a scoreline of 3-1.
- Five of the last six h2h wins belong to Troyes.
- Troyes has a 100% unbeaten record against Clermont in the last four years, and a 100% winning record at this venue, during the same time period.
- The home team, Troyes, has lost only one of their last six matches.
- Clermont was winless in nine of their last 13 games.
- Troyes won six of their last seven home-ties.
- Clermont remained winless in seven of their last ten away fixtures.
- Except for a lone loss back in 2009, Troyes has a 100% unbeaten record against Clermont, at this venue.
Troyes vs Clermont Foot Prediction
Troyes holds the advantage in the match-up. They have the backing of the home crowd, the higher league standing, and better h2h as well as recent stats.
In the last four years, Troyes has a 100% unbeaten record against Clermont Foot. Troyes won every h2h match that came their way, at home, during the same time period.
The hosts, Troyes, lost only one of their last six matches. The team also won six of their last seven home fixtures. Clermont, on the other hand, was winless in nine of their last 13 match-ups, and seven of their last games on the road.
Only one or none of the teams scored in the last seven away league fixtures of Clermont. The same stat shows for the last five of Clermont’s overall matches.
Thus our best options are a Draw No Bet for home team in a potential low scoring affair.
Troyes vs Clermont Foot Betting Tips
Troyes: Draw No Bet @ 9/10 (1.90)
Both Teams to Score: NO @ 10/11 (1.95).