Tottenham vs Gent
UEFA Europa League – Round of 32, Second Leg
Date: Thursday, 23rd February 2017
Kick-Off at 20:05 UK / 21:05 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London.
Tottenham is faced with a very possible task of turning fortunes in their favour, on a home turf that spell much doom of them on the European scene. Spurs suffered a 1-0 defeat in the opening leg that took place at the Ghelamco Arena in Belguim.
The North London side’s awful run in UEFA is thus extended, as they managed just 1 win fron last 5 games.
Gent’s 1-0 victory over Spurs extended their unbeaten run in Europe to 3 games. The Belgian side have stood tall in away games at the UEL so far this season, losing once in 5 played so far this season. Moreover, the Buffalo’s can draw strength from Spurs awful home form, and their strong away from going into this clash.
Tottenham vs Gent: Head To Head Statistics
- Both sides met for the first time in the opening leg of this tie. Gent fought hard to a 1-0 victory at the Ghelamco Arena in Gent.
- Tottenham lost 2 of their last 3 top cup games, with every of the defeat happening in away meetings.
- Spurs are yet to suffer home defeat from the hands of any Belgian club they have played in the competition, winning 3 of their last 4 home clash with a Belgian based side.
- Gent currently enjoys 3 games unbeaten run in the Uefa Europa League. In addition, the buffalo lost 2 of their last 5 UEL game this season.
- Gent lost once in 5 away games in the UEL, and failed to taste defeat in 3 competitive away games.
Tottenham vs Gent: Predictions
We still have an open clash in this one come Thursday. Both sides have got a chance to book a place in the next phase of the competition. Moreover, the contrasting statistics of both sides going into will be a thing of concern for many fans, as Spurs run at the Wembley stadium have not been that convincing all season, while Gent have done decently well in away clash in UEL.
However, this clash could produce at least 2 goals in over 90 minutes of football. But, I am not very confident of predicting Spurs to progress to the next round. They have a 60% chance of winning this match, but the round of 16 hopes may depend on the number of goals.
Tottenham vs Gent: Bet Tips
Gent to quality at 2.62 (13/8).