Toronto FC vs DC United
USA – Major League Soccer
Date: Saturday, 11 July 2020
Kick-off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
It was hard to separate between these two all through the last MLS season, that they managed to secure the same number of wins, losses and draws. Finally, on basis of Goal Difference, the Reds were given the higher position. Note their GD was just +1 better than their counterparts.
This weekend, we could expect them to battle it out all through the ninety minutes – especially with Group C having such a competitive roster.
On top of that, either squad love to score goals, and they have showcased it in their recent overall games, as well as in recent h2h encounters.
As such, anticipate a goal-fest between these two this Saturday.
Toronto vs DC United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last time these locked horns, Greg Vanney’s men won with a massive scoreline of 5-1. The game was back in October of 2019.
- Six of the preceding nine clashes had goals from both teams.
- Two of the former five encounters had six or more goals.
- The past eight wins were evenly split into four each for both squads.
- Five of the last six games had ended in draws at the end of ninety minutes.
Toronto vs DC United: Prediction
Matches between these two have always been incredibly competitive, that it would normally be hard to pick the team which dominated more. However, one common characteristic of their h2h clashes would be the huge number of goals.
In fact, their latest encounter had a total of six goals, and a year back, there was even a game in which both teams scored four goals each.
On top of that, Vanney’s men have shown a tendency to score in plenty as well as concede in plenty – as evident by their 57 scored goals and 52 conceded goals in the 2019 season.
Likely, expect a high-scoring game this Saturday.
Toronto vs DC United: Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score @ 1.50 (1/2)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.60 (3/5).