Toronto FC vs Chicago Fire:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2016
Kick-off: 1:30 UK Time
Venue: BMO Field (Ontario).
Toronto FC will host Chicago Fire at BMO Field in the early hours of Sunday as they hope to return to winning ways.
Toronto FC were without luck in their last 2 MLS games, they are winless in the last 2 games which includes a 1-1 draw at home against Seattle Sounders FC, they lost 2-1 defeat at Vancouver Whitecaps in the 2nd leg of Canadian Cup Final but they won the Silverware on the bases of of away goal rule due to their 1-0 home victory in the first leg. They now hope to halt their 2 game winless streak in this game.
Chicago Fire come into this game from a 1-0 victory over San Jose Earthquake last week making it the first time they are getting 2 consecutive victories this season, they still languishing in the bottom of the MLS Eastern Conference, but they hope to make it hat-trick of win in this game.
- Toronto have a poor attack, they have scored 18 goals from their 16 league games, making them the 3rd worst offence in the league.
- Toronto’s defense are good and have helped them a lot, they have conceded 19 goals from 16 league games.
- Toronto FC have a good home form, they are undefeated in their last 6 home fixture in all competition, they have won 3 and drawn 3.
- Chicago fire have a bad offensive and defensive record, the have scored 15 goals form their 15 league games.
- Chicago Fire are bad away, they have lost 5 of their last 7 games and drawn 2
Toronto FC: Predicted Line-up (3-5-2)
Bono – Zavaleta, Perquis, Hagglund – Bloom, Endoh, Delgado, Chapman, Beitashour – Hamilton, Giovinco.
Chicago Fire: Predicted Line-up (4-3-3)
Johnson – Vincent, Campbell, Kappelhof, Ramos – Thiam, Meira, Stephens – Accam, Igboananike, Gossens.
Toronto FC vs Chicago Fire: Head-to-Head Stats
Chicago Fire have won more of their ties against Toronto FC, they have won 9 games in their previous 21 games and lost 4 to the host, both teams have drawn 8 of the ties.
It might interest you that 19 of their previous 21 fixtures have recorded at least 2 goals whereas both teams have scored on 16 occasions.
Toronto FC vs Chicago Fire: Predictions
The home team are slight favourites in this game and can take advantage of playing in front of their fan to finish this game, they have a better form and better scoring ratio than the visitors. Also the home team have a good home form while the visitors are very poor on the road.
I predict a win for the home side with a score line of 2-1.
- Toronto FC win
- Over 1.5 goals
- Both teams to score.