Torino vs Verona
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 19 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.
Hellas Verona completely changed their playing style without Ivan Juric at the helm this season. It is interesting to note that Torino have also begun to play more attacking-minded football of late with the Croatian manager in charge. Backing goals at both ends is the best betting option here.
Torino vs Verona Head-to-head
- Each of the last three head to head games between these two teams ended in a 1-1 scoreline.
- Seven of the last eight head to head affairs ended without a winner.
- Both teams were on target in each of the last six head to head meetings.
Torino vs Verona Predictions & Analysis
Torino made it three league games on the spin without a defeat seven days ago when they saw off Bologna 2-1 at home.
The team led by Croatian manager Ivan Juric controlled the game from the first to the final whistle, registering 16 shots (7 on target) on the occasion.
They are set to play attacking-minded Hellas Verona (Juric’s former team) in the 18th round of the competition on Sunday afternoon in Turin.
Torino have generally played very well in front of the home crowd throughout the season and we have reasons to see them as favorites here.
Il Toro won five, drew two, and lost two of nine league games on the home patch, conceding just 10 goals along the way.
On the other side we have Verona who have been both scoring and conceding loads of goals recently.
The Over 2.5 goals FT & Both Teams To Score bet landed in five of the last six matches Verona played across competitions.
However, it is worth mentioning that the visitors will go into this off the back of two straight defeats to Atalanta (1-2 in the league) and Empoli (3-4 in Coppa Italia).
Key Stats for Betting
- It is hard not to back the draw here if we know that seven of the last eight head to head encounters between these two rivals ended without a winner.
- Also, each of the last six H2H meetings saw goals scored at both ends.
- The Over 2.5 goals FT & Both Teams To Score pick lanced in each of the last three games Torino played in the league.
- Verona have a goal difference of 33-30 from 17 fixtures in this term of the Serie A.
Tips for Torino vs Verona
Both Teams To Score @ 1.70 (7/10)
Draw @ 3.40 (12/5).