Tondela vs Benfica
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
Kick-off at 17.30 UK/ 18.30 CET
Venue: Estádio João Cardoso (Tondela).
The thirteenth-placed Benfica hosts one of the best teams in the Primeira Liga, Benfica, at the Joao Cardoso, this Sunday.
Tondela recorded an impressive away victory against another bottom-tier team in the league last week, Feirense. At halftime, the scores were level after the home team scored the equalizer in the 38th minute. Later in the second half, the away team scored three more in response to one goal by the hosts. The final scoreline read 2-4.
Benfica played out a draw against Ajax in the Champions League in their last match. They will be disappointed though as Ajax scored the equalizer late into the match, and shared the spoils.
Tondela vs Benfica Head-to-head (h2h)
- Benfica has won five of the total six matches played between these teams.
- The away team has won four times, while the home team won twice.
- Five of the six games between these teams had four or more goals.
- Tondela has won one of their last five games, and two of 11.
- Benfica has lost only five of their last 27 matches.
- Tondela has just one win to boast in their last five home matches.
- Benfica was on a 20-match unbeaten streak on the road before they suffered a loss against Ajax in the Champions League.
Tondela vs Benfica Prediction
The visitors will win this match without dropping much sweat. Benfica is on the verge of European qualification for next season, as currently, they occupy the fifth spot. They will want to gun for the top tier and be seated comfortably in the Europa League spots, or more preferably the prestigious Champions League spots.
A team like Tondela, against whom Benfica has consistently performed, is a good opportunity for the guests, to record easy points, and even to improve their goal difference. Five of the total six matches between these teams have been won by Benfica, and that too with huge winning margins.
The away team has won 66.6 % of the total head-to-head matches.
Tondela has been on poor form so far in this season. At home too they have not done that well. They have just one win to their name in their last five home matches.
Expect Benfica to comfortably see out this match. The guests will dominate both the halves.
Over 2.5 match goals @ 1.80 (4/5) is an alternative option to place a reasonable bet.
Tondela vs Benfica Betting Tips
Benfica to win @ 1.40 (2/5)
Half Time/ Full Time: Benfica/ Benfica @ 2.00 (1/1).