Tondela vs Benfica
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 27 October 2019
Kick-off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Estádio João Cardoso (Tondela).
Surprise toppers Famalicao are taking on tough customers, Porto, this match-day. This kind of provides the best opportunity for the Eagles to go after the pinnacle position in the table. It surely does help that they are on a winning streak at the moment, against a team that is struggling to show some consistency in their efforts.
However, the home advantage could act as a buoying factor for the Gold and Greens, and players could draw inspiration from it as well.
Tondela vs Benfica Head-to-head (h2h)
- Seven of the previous eight games ended in wins for the Eagles.
- The last time these two met, Natxo Gonzalez’s men lost 1-0.
- Three of the former four games ended with goals at either end of the pitch.
- Interestingly, every clash at this venue has ended in a win for the guests.
- The home team has conceded a total of 14 goals from the previous four encounters at this stadium.
Tondela vs Benfica Prediction
Gonzalez’s men were winless in 12 of their preceding 15 overall fixtures, and have managed to score a total of just one goal from their previous three match-ups. At home, they are winless in their former four games and lost three of these as well.
On the other hand, their opposite number was unbeaten in 20 of their preceding 24 overall fixtures and won an astonishing 19 of these. Moreover, on the road, the team also won nine of their last ten away ties too.
Finally, the Eagles have won seven of the prior eight h2h meetings and won every single one at this ground.
Taking these observations into account, a comfortable win for the visitors is on the cards.
Tondela vs Benfica Betting Tips
Benfica to Win @ 1.75 (3/4)
Half Time/ Full Time: Benfica/ Benfica @ 2.00 (1/1).