Tigres vs Puebla
Mexico Liga MX Apertura
Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Kick-Off at 03:00 UK/ 04:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Universitario (San Nicolás de los Garza)
The home team is on a two-match drawing streak. They have not lost any of the three games till now. There is a high expectation for the Tigers as they ended as the second runners up in the last season. The defense has done well conceding only one goal in this campaign.
The visitors are one of the few teams to stay unbeaten so far. For a team that finished 18th in the Apertura last season, they have done well in their opening three games this time. They are coming into this game after the away win against Guadalajara. Apart from Cruz Azul, they have not faced much of a challenge so far, so it is too soon to evaluate their season.
Tigres vs Puebla: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Tigers have three wins and a loss in the last five games with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in all three previous head to head games.
- The home side has four wins and a loss in five previous clashes at this ground.
- All four of those matches had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts scored two or more goals in all those four games as well.
- Tigres are unbeaten in all seven previous league matches on the trot.
- The away side is on a four-game winning streak in away games in the league.
Tigres vs Puebla: Prediction
Even though the visitors have scored in their recent matches on the road, I do not think they will on Wednesday. The home side has scored four and has only conceded once in the three games so far. Since this is a home game I think the Tigers will be able to keep things clean at the back.
Puebla has a bad record at this ground. In four of the recent head to head meetings, they failed to grab a win. The hosts have not lost in the league since the 2-4 loss to Club America back in December 2019. So I am backing the hosts to win and only one team to score.
Tigres vs Puebla: Betting Tips
Tigres to win @ 1.54 (6/11).
Both teams to score: No @ 1.95 (10/11).