FC Thun vs FC Basel
Switzerland – Super League
Date: Friday, 31 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Stockhorn Arena.
Thun is badly in need of a win to avoid relegation. They are equal on points with Sion, but their defence has put them in the spot with one of the poorest records this season.
From the 34 games they have given away 64 goals and most likely that tally is going to go up when Basel comes here.
Basel had a disappointing season this time around. For a team that ruled the country with back to back title they will not be satisfied with the third-place finish.
But with a handful of game to go they can still improve on their position. Currently they are on an unbeaten run, something they missed at a crucial part of the competition.
FC Thun vs FC Basel: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture was won by Thun with a final score of 0-1.
- Basel has four wins and a defeat in five previous competitive games against this opposition.
- Both sides found the target in four of those five games across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in all four of those games as well.
- The visitors won in four of their five previous trips to this ground.
- Four of those five clashes had more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Both of them scored in three games during that spell too.
FC Thun vs FC Basel: Prediction
Thun is a hard team to break down in front of their home crowd. Currently they are on a five match winning run in which they defeated big guns in the league. They have also not lost any of their eight previous home fixtures in the competition.
This was an amazing comeback after they had no wins till mid-season. Basel should be worried to play at this ground which recently saw the defeats of teams like Young Boys, Servette and St. Gallen. At the same time Basel has lost to Lugano and Sion in recent away matches.
In the majority of their head to head matches, both of them managed to score. Basel is not what they used to be, but they can inflict some damage on the home defence. They have scored in many of their travels here in recent past. So, I am backing the hosts to win with both teams getting goals.
FC Thun vs FC Basel: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.44 (4/9).