Thailand vs China
Asia: AFC Asian Cup
Date: Sunday, 20th January 2019
Kick-off at 14.00 UK/ 15.00 CET
Venue: Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium.
The War Elephants bounced back after their huge loss against the now eliminated India, in their opener. The 1-4 loss did shake their confidence, but the team played carefully in the next two fixtures and ensured their participation in the Round of 16. They managed to win against Bahrain and drew the last and critical match against the tournament hosts.
Marcello Lippi’s men really went for a perfect record in the first round. But after two wins in their first two games, they faced a tough loss against fierce rivals South Korea. Though the team lost the opportunity to become group champions, it will not bother them much, as in Sirisak Yodyardthai’s men, they see a comparatively easier opponent.
Thailand vs China Head-to-head (h2h)
- Team Dragon holds a 5-2 lead in wins.
- The combined scoreline for the last two games is 5-0, in favor of the team captained by Zheng Zhi.
- Guozu has scored in each of their last four games against this opponent.
- The War Elephants have conceded a total of 14 goals in their last six matches.
- Marcelo Lippi’s men have dominated the crew captained by Teerasil Dangda to such an extent that, they hold a 3-1 lead in h2h wins in games where they were on the road.
Thailand vs China Prediction
Team Dragon has always performed well against Sirisak Yodyardthai’s men. Even when they took trips to meet the South Asian team on the road, it has not made much of a difference. The aggregate scoreline for the total four Thailand home-ties is 10-2, in favor of Zheng Zhi and his crew of players.
In this grandest of the stage in the continent, Marcelo Lippi’s men will take things by the reins, and leave their mark. Expect them to win the match comfortably, compared to other Round of 16 fixtures. They will not leave things to chance and allow their opponents to build pressure. An early goal is rightfully anticipated, and at least two goals by the People’s Republic.
Thailand vs China Betting Tips
Over 0.5 First Half Goals @ 1.50 (1/2)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by China @ 2.10 (11/10).