Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets
Date: Saturday, 19th January 2019.
Kick-Off at 06:35 UK/ 07:35 CET
Venue: Jubilee Oval (Sydney).
The top 2 finishers in the league last season will face each other at Sydney in round 14 of the A-League this Saturday.
Sky Blues are 3rd at present with 8 wins in their 13 games so far. A win is much needed for them to close in on the high flying Perth Glory.
Sydney has won all but one of their previous 5 matches across all venues. Both teams found the net in all their last 10 games and over 2.5 goals were scored in 9 of them as well.
At home, they are on a 3 match win streak, which came after a 2 game losing run. More than 2.5 goals were scored in last 5 matches they played in front of their home crowd. Even though they are winning matches, giving away goals is a habit they must lose soon.
Meanwhile, the Jets have no wins in their last 4 league matches across all grounds. Over 2.5 goals came in total in all 5 of their recent games and in 4 of those matches the final score was 2-1.
They are on an active 2 game losing streak away from home and have lost 3 of their last 5 away games as well. The recent 4 traveling matches had over 2.5 goals and they failed to keep a clean sheet in all of them as well.
With a huge 7 point difference with the Adelaide United, they will have to start thinking about playing style to get to a playoff spot.
Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sydney has 2 wins and a loss in the last 5 h2h matches against this opposition.
- Both the teams scored in the last 4 meetings held across all venues.
- Over 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those previous 5 meetings with Jets scoring at least 2 goals in all those matches.
- With 6 wins included the hosts are unbeaten at this venue against the Jets in the last 8 h2h games.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those previous 5 matches.
- Sky blues scored 2 goals in all the last 4 games against the Jets in front of their home crowd.
Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets: Prediction
There is no doubt who has been the best team among them this season. Sydney has a massive 14 point lead over their opponents for Saturday. With 6 wins in the last 8 h2h matches here, they have been dominant over the Jets. So we can bet on the Sky Blues to win with 1.95 odds.
In all 5 of the home games that the hosts played recently the score was over 2.5 goals. This trend can be also seen in the last 4 matches on the road for the Jets. Since the last 2 h2h games also had a similar scoreline we can bet on a score with over 2.5 goals in total with 1.73 odds.
Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.73 (8/11).
Sydney FC to win @ 1.95 (10/11).