Swansea City vs Wigan Athletic
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 29th December 2018
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Liberty Stadium (Swansea).
Wigan and Swansea take on each other in this Championship fixture, at the Liberty Stadium, this week. The game is a part of the 25th round of the competition and will be played on Saturday.
Wigan is the 19th team in the table and has posted 25 points on the board. Their record reads 7 wins, 4 draws and 13 losses. The team scored 23 goals and conceded 35 in return.
Swansea occupies the 13th spot in the league table and got 32 points till now. They registered 9 wins, 5 draws and 10 losses. Swansea scored a total of 29 goals in all their matches this season and conceded 28.
Previous games witnessed Swansea lose against Aston Villa, at home, 0-1 and Wigan lose against West Brom, on the road, with a score of 2-0.
Swansea City vs Wigan Athletic Head-to-head (h2h)
- Wigan drew the last h2h match against Swansea.
- Swansea lost 5 of their last 7 matches.
- Wigan won 2 of their last 15 games.
- Swansea was winless in 10 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Wigan was winless in 14 of their last 15 fixtures on the road.
- Swansea has scored in 12 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 13 of their last 20 home-ties.
- Wigan has scored in 1 of their last 5 overall games, and in 3 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- McBurnie O has been the best player for Swansea with 8 goals and 3 assists this season, and Powell N for Wigan, with 4 goals and 4 assists.
Swansea City vs Wigan Athletic Prediction
Swansea is unbeaten against Wigan since 2010. Also, at this venue, Swansea has a 100% unbeaten record against Wigan. This season, Wigan has one of the worst away records in the entire competition. They are currently on a winless run of ten away games, nine of which were losses. Also, the team has just one win in their last 15 ties on the road.
Wigan dropped points in 11 of their total 12 away matches. Ten losses, one draw and a sole win. The team also conceded in 15 of their last 16 ties away from home. Whereas Swansea scored in seven of their last eight home-fixtures.
Swansea, in all probabilities, will take the three points, and Wigan, one of the weakest teams on the road, will concede a goal in the first half.
Swansea City vs Wigan Athletic Betting Tips
Over 0.5 First Half Goals @ 1.40 (2/5)
Draw No Bet: Swansea @ 1.40 (2/5).