Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 15th December 2018
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Liberty Stadium (Swansea).
Two sides comfortably hanging around in the mid-table go against each other in this weekend fixture in the English Championship.
Sheffield occupies the 17th spot in the table after securing 24 points from their 21 matches. Their record reads six wins, six draws, and nine losses.
Swansea is 12th in league standings and has 29 points against their name, on the board. The team won eight matches, drew five and lost the remaining eight.
Sheffield played out a draw against Rotherham in their last league match, at home. The four-goal affair saw either team scoring two goals each. Joao scored a brace for the home team.
Swansea was lucky to scrape away a win in their last league match, against Brentford, on the road. The final scoreline was 2-3 in favor of the visitors. Swansea had raced to a three-goal lead, and looked like would be cruising to the available three points.
But Brentford gave them a scare when the team hit back two goals and desperately tried for the third. But Swansea somehow held on and saw out the match.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday Head-to-head (h2h)
- Swansea holds a 100% unbeaten record against Sheffield Wednesday.
- 100% of h2h matches had under 2.5 match goals.
- There were only a total of six goals in the combined six h2h matches.
- Five of the total six h2h matches had only one or none of the teams on the scoresheet.
- Swansea won four of their last eight matches.
- Sheffield has just one win to their name in the last nine attempts.
- Swansea was unbeaten in 13 of their last 22 home games.
- Sheffield is winless in their last four matches on the road.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday Prediction
Matches between these teams have always been underwhelming. Goals were scarce, and either team was wasteful in front of the goal.
100% of h2h matches had under 2.5 match goals. There were only a combined six goals in their total of six h2h games. An average of one goal per h2h tie.
Five of the total six h2h fixtures had only one or none of the teams on the scoresheet. The five matches were in a row.
Five of the last nine Swansea home games had only one or none of the teams on the scoresheet. 14 of the last 20 Swansea’s overall game also had the same stat to show.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Tips
Under 3.5 match goals @ 1.40 (2/5)
Both Teams to Score: NO @ 2.00 (1/1).