Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday
England – Championship
Date: Sunday, 5 July 2020
Kick-Off at 12:00 UK/ 13:00 CET
Venue: Liberty Stadium (Swansea)
The hosts are still in contention for a playoff spot. Currently, they are 8th in the table with 15 draws in 40 matches. This is more than the number of wins and they have drawn more games than other teams in the top ten places.
The latest league action for Sheffield saw them losing to West Brom. This was their seventh home defeat in 20 games this season. In away matches, they have more defeats than wins currently. Since the upcoming opposition is winless in the last two games the visitors may surprise us on Sunday.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Swans have two wins and a loss in the last five head to head matches.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all three latest meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals came in all those three matches also.
- The hosts have never lost to this opposition in all four meetings at this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those four games here.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday: Prediction
Even though the hosts have not won any of their last two league games, they have a good record against this upcoming opposition. They have never lost in any head to head matches at this ground and also have a two-game win streak active.
Apart from the recent away win against Bristol, the visitors have an unbeaten run in the four matches before that. So I am backing the Swans to win this one comfortably.
In their last three meetings across all venues, both sides found goals. The hosts are scoring at the rate of more than a goal per game. They have scored past these same opponents on previous occasions too. Sheffield has also scored in 8 of their last 10 matches on the road. So we can expect goals from both sides on Sunday.
Swansea vs Sheffield Wednesday: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.60(3/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80(4/5).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.