Suwon Bluewings vs Gwangju FC
South Korea – K League 1
Date: Sunday, 7 June 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Suwon World Cup Stadium.
Suwon also had a rough start to the season. The former champions lost the season opener to current champs Jeonbuk. This was followed by the defeat of Ulsan Hyundai at home after playing extremely well.
Currently, they are fresh from a goalless draw against Busan who is in the bottom half of the table.
The visitors are having trouble coping with the conditions of the top tier. They are yet to win a game and have lost 3 of the 4 matches so far.
The draw at home against Ulsan Hyundai is the latest league action. This result got them out of the losing streak; all of those coming against mid-table teams.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gwangju: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Suwon is unbeaten in the last 7 head to head matches against the opposition.
- They have a two-game win streak in league meetings with Gwangju.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals came at ninety minutes in five of those matches.
- The visitors previously won this fixture back in June 2016.
- Both sides have a win each in their last 5 meetings at this ground.
- In 4 of those 5 games, the score was less than 2.5 goals.
- The visitors are on a 6 game winless run in all competitions.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gwangju: Prediction
We can be pretty sure that we will see very few goals in this game. Both of them are struggling to get goals at the start of the season.Visitors have scored only one so far and the hosts have 3 also.
Suwon has the advantage in terms of head to head stats. They have an unbeaten run in matches against this opposition. Also, the away team has very little experience against top tier teams in recent times.
Based on these observations, backing the hosts to win in a tightly fought battle seems like the best option for this K League fixture.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gwangju: Betting Tips
Suwon to win @ 1.87 (7/8).
Both teams to score: No @ 1.75 (3/4).