Suwon Bluewings vs Gangwon FC
South Korea – K League 1
Date: Saturday, 13 June 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Suwon World Cup Stadium.
Just 5 rounds into this season, the home side is already at the bottom half of the table. They had a mediocre season last time around when they finished 8th in the table. From five games they have managed to win only once, losing on three occasions as well. Currently, they are without a win in two-game, the latest being an away defeat to Gwangju.
Gangwon has started the season well with three wins and only one defeat in games so far. They are third in the table with just two points between them and toppers Jeonbuk. They have won both their recent league fixtures, one of which was against the reigning champions Jeonbuk Hyundai at home. If they wish to stay in the top five spots, they have to keep this momentum going.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gangwon FC: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Suwon has three wins and a loss in the last five meetings.
- Suwon is unbeaten in their last 3 clashes against this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those games.
- The home side remains unbeaten in three recent head to head games here.
- They have 2 wins and a defeat in five head to head games at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were netted in three of those five games.
- Both teams scored in four of those matches as well.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gangwon FC: Prediction
Gangwon is one of the 4 teams yet to lose a match at home. Their only defeat this season came on the road. So they must be careful against the unpredictable Suwon on Saturday.
But on paper, the hosts have the upper hand in this upcoming game. They have an unbeaten run going on at home including two wins. Despite Suwon having the advantage in head to head stats, I am backing the hosts to win on Saturday.
Suwon has lost both their away games without even troubling the scores once. They have conceded one goal in those two matches and are looking well set to give away more goals in matches to come.
The majority of goals that the hosts scored came at home. So I am backing the host to win with only one side getting the goals.
Suwon Bluewings vs Gangwon FC: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.77 (7/9).
- Both teams to score: No @ 2.05 (12/11).