Sunderland vs Wycombe
England – League One Playoff
Date: Saturday, 21 May 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium.
Both these teams have come so far to go home empty handed now. Sunderland had finished 5th in the table at the end of the regular season and they were one of the best offenses in the league all through the campaign.
Meanwhile, Wycombe had finished 6th, trailing by a single point and they too had consistently found the back of the net all along.
It also needs to be noted that the first round of the playoffs were so dramatic that Sunderland made it to the final after slotting in their winning goal in the 93rd minute of the second leg, that too on the road.
By the looks of things anticipate goals in plenty as the two lock horns this Saturday.
Sunderland vs Wycombe Head-to-head (h2h)
- 4 of the past 5 encounters had goals from both teams.
- The last 3 meetings in a row had 4 or more goals.
- The latest match-up between the 2 teams had finished in a 3-3 draw.
- In the past 5-year period, only once have either team failed to find the back of the net.
Sunderland vs Wycombe Prediction & Analysis
Sunderland are on a 15-fixture unbeaten run and 9 of these were wins. Do also note that they have failed to find the back of the net just twice in their previous 10 games.
On the other hand, Wycombe had won 3 of their past 4 matches, and they had remained invincible in 13 of their former 14 overall fixtures.
Finally, goals have also come in plenty whenever these 2 have locked horns in the past. Taking into account these observations anticipate a high-scoring affair this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only two other teams in the whole competition had scored more goals than Sunderland.
- Meanwhile, Wycombe have lost just once since February. And this sole loss had come in the second leg of the playoff semi-finals, which they won aggregately.
Tips for Sunderland vs Wycombe
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5.4).