Sunderland vs Stoke City
England Premier League.
Date: Saturday, 14th January 2017.
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET.
Venue: Stadium of Light, Sunderland.
David Moyes will continue his mission with Sunderland this weekend when they host Stoke City at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.
Sunderland haven’t been able to leave the bottom since the beginning of the season. However they are hopeful of doing that this weekend as they are just a point behind Crystal Palace outside the zone. They are 18th in the table with 15 points to their name, tied on same points as Swansea City in the 19th position.
Meanwhile, Stoke City’s poor League form was halted with a 2-0 win against Watford in their last Premier League outing. They are now 11th in the table with 24 points, and are on same point with the last team in the top half if the table. A win in this game could get them into the top half depending in results elsewhere.
Sunderland vs Stoke City: Head to Head Statistics
- These two teams have come a long way, having played 96 games in the past.
- Sunderland have won 38 games against Stoke, drawn 27 games and lost 31 games to Stoke City.
- Sunderland have lost only 6 times at Stadium of Light, while they have won 27 games and drawn 15 games.
- The reverse of this fixture was won 2-0 by Stoke City in October last year.
- Sunderland have won 3 of their just 5 meetings at Stadium of Light, drawn once and lost once to Stoke City.
Sunderland vs Stoke City: Prediction
The game would be a tough one for both teams as they are in a poor shape at the moment. David Moyes’ side are win-less since Boxing Day with 2 draws and 2 defeats while their opponents have won once I’m their last 7 games, they have drawn twice and lost 4 games.
The game could go either way but we are expecting the two teams to get on the score sheet. We are also expecting inflow of goals in this one, the game could see up to 5 goals. Our predicted score line is 2-4 in favour of Stoke City.
Sunderland vs Stoke City: Bet Tips
Over 3.5 goals at 3.50 (5/2)
Both teams to score (yes) at 1.80 (4/5).