Sunderland host Arsenal at Stadium of light this Sunday with hope of grabbing another win after they revived survival hope with a win against Norwich City last weekend. The relegation battle is set to go until the final matchday of the season and every point is vital for the Black Cats in their bid to stay up in the top flight next season.
Arsenal on the other hand, are coming in good scoring form and are unbeaten in the last six Premier League matches. The Gunners’ title chances are absolutely nil and they need another three wins from remaining four matches to ensure Champions League qualification for next season.
- Sunderland have a poor form ongoing, they have drawn 4 of their last 6 games, lost 1 and drew 1.
- The Black Cats are without a win in their last 3 home premier league games and have failed to score in their last 2 home games.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 6 games, they have won 3 and drew 3.
- Arsenal is also Unbeaten in their last 3 away premier League games.
- Arsenal are good in front of goal recently, they have scored at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 5 premier league games.
- The Gunners scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 away premier league games.
Sunderland: Team News
Sunderland have no missing players, no injury worries or suspension and their whole squad is intact.
Duncan Watmore is expected to start in place of Wahbi Khazri, after impressing in his return from injury in the 3-0 win against Norwich City last time out.
Sunderland: Predicted Line up (4-1-4-1)
Aanholt, Kaboul, Kone, Yedlin
Watmore, M’Villa, Cattermole, Borini
Arsenal: Team News
Jack Wilshere is expected to play some part in this game after being out for almost a year with his injury. While Chamberlin and Santi Cazorla are still on the road to recovery.
Danny Welbeck and Francis Coquelin, who were rested in the win against West Brom is expected to return to the starting line-up on Sunday.
Arsenal: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Bellerin, Mertesacker, Kolscielny, Monreal
Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi
Sunderland vs Arsenal: Head-To-Head stats
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 7 matches against Sunderland, with 6 wins and a draw.
- Gunners have scored at least 3 goals in the last two games against Sunderland.
- Sunderland lost their last four home matches in Premier League against Arsenal, and haven’t won in the last 5.
- Sunderland’s last home win against Arsenal in Premier League was on November 2009.
Sunderland vs Arsenal: Prediction
The Gunners may be looking like the favourites, but they are not reliable, they can slip at any giving time. They have a better form compared to their Host. I expect Arsenal to grab a victory in this game.
With Arsenal scoring form, I think they will score more goals in this game.
- Best bet : Arsenal win or draw
- Banker: over 1.5 goals