VfB Stuttgart vs Hamburger SV
Germany- 2. Bundesliga
Date: Thursday, 28 May 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Arena (Stuttgart)
The result of this game will make serious changes to the top of the table. The hosts are third in the table with just a point between them and their upcoming opposition. But they have a 4 match winless run going on which has prevented them from going to the top of the table. The recent defeat to Kiel and Wehen, who is in the relegation zone, has raised questions about the team’s morale. They would not want to give away the chance to get back to the top tier as soon as possible.
Hamburger is on a drawing streak in the last 2 league matches. They are fresh from a goalless draw at home against toppers Bielefeld. But playing at the home turf of Stuttgart is a tough ask for any team.
VfB Stuttgart vs Hamburger SV: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Hamburger is unbeaten in the last 4 meetings against this opposition.
- They have 2 wins and a loss in the 5 previous meetings against Stuttgart.
- Both sides scored in all the 7 previous head to head games across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of their last 7 meetings in both league and Cup.
- The hosts remain unbeaten at this ground in the last 4 visits by Hamburger.
- They have 3 wins and a defeat in 5 previous head to head clashes at this ground.
- Both teams found the back of the net in the latest 3 games on the trot.
- Stuttgart is winless in their recent 4 league fixtures.
- They have a 7 match unbeaten run at home which includes 6 wins on the trot.
VfB Stuttgart vs Hamburger SV: Prediction
Beating Stuttgart in front of their home fans is literally an impossible task. From 13 home matches Stuttgart gas won 10 and lost only twice. With a great unbeaten run going on for them, I do not see Hamburger getting the last laugh. Also, the head to head stats at this ground favor the hosts.
Whenever these two met there was no shortage of entertainment for the fans. The last three head to head matches at this ground had goals from both teams. The latest matches between them which were in the DFB Pokal we saw a similar scoreline. So I am backing the home team to win and both teams netting goals.
VfB Stuttgart vs Hamburger SV: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.62 (5/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.60 (3/5).