Sturm Graz vs Monaco
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18:45 CET
Venue: Merkur Arena.
Sturm Graz will be hoping to at least finish their Europa League campaign with a victory. It will not count for much in terms of the Group B table, but it could serve as a massive confidence-booster ahead of the remaining part of the Austrian Bundesliga season.
Sturm Graz vs Monaco Head-to-head
- These two sides were drawn to the same UEFA Champions League group in the 2000/01 season.
- Back then, they claimed a win apiece at home.
- Monaco celebrated a 1-0 victory when they hosted Sturm Graz in this term of the UEFA Europa League.
Sturm Graz vs Monaco Predictions & Analysis
The outcome of the sixth-round clash between Sturm Graz and Monaco will by no means affect the final standings in Group.
The hosts will end the campaign at the very foot of the group standings, while the French outfit can’t be moved from the top spot.
This is why we expect plenty of rotations from both managers, especially Monaco’s. Les Monegasques have finally caught the right rhythm in the Ligue 1 where they managed back-to-back wins over Angers and Metz in the last two rounds.
The team led by Niko Kovac bagged seven goals in these two wins. The Croatian manager will surely give rest to his main stars, especially since Monaco are about to face PSG in the domestic league derby on Sunday.
This is where we see Sturm’s chance for the inaugural Europa League win. The Austrian outfit have been massive underdogs in this very tough group and they have justified the tag.
Sturm Graz took only one point from five games, scoring no more than a single goal in the process.
They fell 1-4 to PSV and 0-1 to Real Sociedad in the previous two home fixtures. Can Christian Ilzer’s men clinch a consolation victory on the final day?
Key Stats for Betting
- Monaco have secured the top spot in Group B and head coach Niko Kovac will rest his main players for the weekend’s clash against PSG in Ligue 1.
- Five of the last six outings Sturm Graz played across competitions saw goals scored at both ends.
- Both teams were on target in four of Monaco’s last five matches.
- Neither of the two teams have too many reasons to sit at the back and play a low-scoring game here.
Tips for Sturm Graz vs Monaco
Sturm Graz to Win or Draw @ 2.00 (1/1)
Both Teams To Score @ 1.57 (4/7).