Stoke vs Middlesbrough
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Bet365 Stadium (Stoke on Trent)
Stoke City has lost half of their 38 matches this season. Currently, they are 18th with 2 points between them and their upcoming opposition. But they have a purple patch with a 5 game unbeaten run going on. But like many of their peer’s defense has been a problem for them all season.
This matchup has no significance at the top of the Championship table. But Middlesbrough fans will say otherwise. They are just holding on to the 21st spot but have very little between them and the relegation zone. The chance for survival is theirs to lose as only wins could help them achieve that goal.
Stoke vs Middlesbrough: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Boro has an active two-match win streak against this opposition.
- They have two wins and a defeat in the last 5 meetings.
- Three of those five games had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- Stoke City has two wins and a defeat in five latest head to head matches at this ground.
- Four of those five games also saw fewer than 2.5 goals.
Stoke vs Middlesbrough: Prediction
Middlesbrough surprised everyone with the 2-2 draw against Nottingham Forest recently. But then they have lost to Barnsley who is in the relegation zone. But Stoke is currently on an unbeaten run both home and away. They are also unbeaten in the last three head to head matches at this ground. So I am backing the home team to get all three points in this upcoming tie.
The visitors are scoring an average of less than a goal per game. This is the poorest attacking record this season. Stoke has kept a clean sheet in three latest meetings against Boro here. So there is a high chance for a similar score this weekend. So I am backing the hosts to win with only one team to get goals.
Stoke vs Middlesbrough: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.80 (4/5).