Stoke vs Birmingham
England – Championship
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
Kick-Off at 13:30 UK/ 14:30 CET
Venue: Bet365 Stadium (Stoke on Trent)
The hosts will have to play at their best to keep away from the relegation zone. In the past few weeks, they had some disappointing results and the only win during that period came against relegation placed Barnsley.
The visitors are unbeaten in over 10 matches. During this period they have lost to teams below them in the table at home. The latest league action saw them lose at home to the Swans with a final score of 1-3.
Stoke vs Birmingham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Birmingham has a three-match winning streak going on against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in five previous head to head matches against Stoke City.
- The last win for Stoke in this fixture came back in November 2010 in the Premier League.
- The visitors have won thrice in their last five visits to this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five clashes here.
- The away team is winless in their 4 previous league matches on the road.
Stoke vs Birmingham: Prediction
Stoke has won 9 games each in their 21 home matches so far. They have won three recent games here against teams like Barnsley, Hull City, and the strong Cardiff City. But at the same time, they cannot win matches away consistently.
The visitors are on a losing streak at the moment and they have no wins since February 2020. But their head to head dominance cannot be overlooked. Thus I think we can see a draw on Sunday.
Like most of their peers, the hosts have given away more goals than they have scored. But the scoring rate is pretty healthy for a team lying near the bottom of the table.
In terms of scoring the same can be said about the away team. Both of them have given away over 65 goals this season.
Also, considering the reverse fixture I expect to see goals on both sides of the field.
Stoke vs Birmingham: Betting Tips
Match to draw @ 3.30 (23/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.91 (10/11).