Stoke vs Barnsley
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Bet365 Stadium.
Stoke City is too close to the relegation zone. They have a cushion of just one point which is too close to comfort. To make things worse they have lost two consecutive league matches. They have lost 21 games this season which is one less than Luton who are last in the table.
Barnsley is determined to get back to the safe zone. The recent wins against QPR and Blackburn have given them the morale boost to fight for survival. A win could possibly get them nearer to the task at hand as they are just 2 points below the upcoming opposition.
Stoke vs Barnsley: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have a win each in their 5 previous head to head matches.
- Three of those five games had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- All three of those matches saw both teams getting in the score sheet.
- The visitors managed to stay unbeaten in their last two trips to this ground.
- The hosts have three wins and a loss in five recent meetings here.
- Four of those five games had less than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
Stoke vs Barnsley: Prediction
The hosts are leaking goals in the last few weeks. They have conceded eight goals in the last five matches. Like most of their peers, they have given away more goals than they scored. The same can be said about Barnsley who has conceded over 60 goals like the hosts. Thus there is a high chance that we may see goals on both ends of the field.
Barnsley has three wins in its five recent matches on the road. With Stoke losing their latest home match, the visitors will be hopeful coming into this match. They have also remained unbeaten in their last two visits to this ground. Even though Stoke has a better home form compared to the away form of visitors, in the present scenario we can expect a stalemate this weekend. So I am backing the match to draw with both teams getting goals.
Stoke vs Barnsley: Betting Tips
- Match to draw @ 3.40 (12/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.85 (6/7).