After a heavy defeat to Liverpool at Anfield last time, Stoke needs to bounce back this time when they host Tottenham on Monday night at Brittania Stadium.
Stoke are in danger of falling below 10th which is the second half of the table, they will need a home win in this game to keep their ship sailing and get them back to winning ways as the business end of the season draws near.
On the other hand, Spurs rekindled their title hopes last time out as they trashed the Red Devils 3:0 at home, now they hope for a win in this game to stand a chance of closing in on Leicester should they faulter.
- The two teams involved are in different phase of form, being that Spurs have performed better in their recent games and they are also good away.
- Spurs are unbeaten in 14 of their last 15 away games in premier league.
- Spurs have lost just 1 game in their last 6 premier league games, won 3 and drew 2
- Spurs are the second highest scorers (60 goals) in this premier league, just a goal behind Manchester City (61).
- Spurs have conceded the least number of goals (25) in this premier league season giving them the best goal difference, +35.
- Stoke City are not doing so well, they have won just 1 game in their last 5 games.
Stoke City: Team News
Stoke have series of injury candidates as Jack Butland, Glen Johnson, Jonathan Walters and Marc Wilson are all injured.
Eric Pieters will be serving his suspension while Marko Arnautovic and Glenn Whelan are yet to be certified fit but could still feature if found fit in time.
Stoke City: Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1)
Muniesa, Wollscheid, Shawcross, Bardsley
Bojan, Shaqiri, Arnautovic
Tottenham: Team News
There is a chance that Harry Kane might miss the game, but Pochettino is hopeful that he gets close to fitness to start at least 60 minutes of the game. It things go wrong, Clinton N’Jie will start and Kane might find a place in the bench.
Nabil Bentalab is the only player out for the Spurs, who is nursing a knee injury.
Tottenham: Predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1)
Walker, Alderwierd, Vertoghen, Rose
Alli, Lamela, Etiksen
Stoke city vs Tottenham: Head-To-Head stats
- Tottenham have won in 34 out the 68 games against Stoke City; drew 16 and lost 18 times.
- Meanwhile, Stoke have the upper hand while hosting the Spurs at their home after having won in 15 of their 34 games; lost 11 times to spurs and drew 8.
- Their last game between the sides end in a 2:2 draw; while their last game here at Britannia ended 3-0 in favour of the home side.
- Recent games between this two teams at Britannia seems to be rough as 6 of their last 7 Premier League ties at Britannia have recorded a red card.
Stoke city vs Tottenham: Prediction
This game won’t be an easy one for any of the sides, but Spurs coming into this game on the back of a huge victory over Red Devils should be in high spirits compared to the home side that received a heavy blow from Liverpool.
Spurs are determined to catch up with Leicester and needs to get all 3 points in this game to move closer should Leicester Slip. With their good away form in premier league I think they will get something out of this game.
Best bet: Tottenham win or draw
Correct score bet: 0:1
Risky bet: Dele Alli to score