Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev
Australian Open – Semi Final
Date: Friday, 28 January 2022
Venue: Rod Laver Arena (Melbourne).
Just four more players remain in the Australian Open, and we have the second-ranked and fourth-ranked players in the world taking on each other in the semis. Both these players have been in spectacular form, and by all means expect a cracker of a fixture this weekend in Melbourne.
Right from the start of the campaign, Medvedev has been the darling of bookmakers, and he has so far done justice to all the faith placed on him. Fans too are excited for him, as they have been waiting for the passing of the baton from the ‘Big Three’ for quite long now.
Meanwhile, Tsitsipas is trying his best to shed his tag as a ‘clay-court specialist’. So far, his best results have come on clay courts, and this semi final apperance in Melbourne (hard courts) will boost his confidence quite a bit.
Still, he is out of his comfort zone here, and that too against one of the absolute best players in the world right now. Moreover, Stefanos has a rather inferior h2h record against this foe as well.
As such, expect Daniil Medvedev to secure his ticket to the final with a win this Friday.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting on hard courts between the two players, had come in the Semis of the previous edition of the Aussie Open. Then Daniil recorded a win in straight sets.
- In fact, he has a 100% winning record on hard courts, barring a single defeat in 2019.
- These two had also locked horns in the Second Round of US Open 2018, and then the Russian won three sets to one.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev Prediction & Analysis
Tsitsipas is yet to truly become a titan on hard courts. His expertise on clay courts will be a huge advantage in the French Open, but he has always come up short in Melbourne.
Moreover, he has also shown struggles with his nerve in high-pressure situations. In the Final of the French Open 2021 (which was his only appearance in a Grand Slam Final), Stefanos had a two set to nil lead against Djokovic, but then went on and lost the next three sets.
On the other hand, Daniil seems to be in the form of his life. He had just defeated Djokovic in the Final of the US Open 2021, and he also has the confidence of appearing in the Final of the previous edition of the Aussie Open.
Moreover, he has shown no particular weakness on hard courts, and most importantly, the Russian has a great h2h record against this opponent over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Daniil Medvedev this weekend.
Still, Tsitsipas is one of the top players in the world, and he has got to the semis. It would be unwise to think that the Greek player would simply bow down to the second-ranked Russian. Expect at least a four-setter.
Key Stats for Betting
- Medvedev is high on confidence after his US Open Win, which was followed by his appearance in the final of the ATP Finals (Year-Ending Championship).
- Meanwhile, Tsitsipas had crashed out before the Fourth Round in his latest two Grand Slams. He was eliminated in the First Round of Wimbledon 2021, and in the Third Round of the US Open 2021 – which Daniil had won.
Tips for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Daniil Medvedev
Daniil Medvedev to Win @ 1.50 (1/2)
Over 3.5 Sets @ 1.50 (1/2)
Daniil Medvedev -3.5 Games Asian Handicap @ 1.83 (5/6).