Start vs Valerenga:
Date: Sunday, 24 July 2016
Kick-off: 14:30 UK Time
Venue: Sparebanken Arena (Kristiansand).
Two teams in the bottom of the Tippeligean table will be faving each other this weekend, on Sunday afternoon.
Start are languishing in the bottom of Tippeligean table with 7 points to their name, they have lost 9 of the 16 games played so far and have drawn 7 of them. Start have the worst defensive record so far this season as they have conceded 33 goals, also they are struggling upfront having scored only 12 times this season. They hope for a miracle to grab their first win of the season.
Vaalerenga are currently on a downward slide with 7 game winless streak which have brought them down to 15th position, they are 5 points above Start and a point below Aalesund in the 14th position, they will be hoping for a win in this one to move out of the relegation zone depending on the results elsewhere.
- Start are win-less in their last 31 Tippeligean games.
- Start are on 3-game losing streak at home and have failed to win their last 8 home games in the league.
- Valerenga are win-less in their last 9 away games.
- Valerenga have grabbed just 2 points from their away games this season.
Start vs Valerenga: Head to Head stats
- Valerenga have won 19 of their 34 games against Start, while Start have won 11.
- Valerenga are unbeaten in their last 5 games against Start; they have won 3 and drawn 2.
- Start last won a game against Valerenga in 2013
Start vs Valerenga: Prediction
Both teams are in a very poor condition, they are both on a win-less streak. Vaalerenga looks better than Start, as they have managed 12 points so far this season which is 5 points better than Start’s 7 points.
The game could go either way, but I’ll pick a double chance for Valerenga. I predict a 2-0 score line for the visitors.
Start vs Valerenga: Tips
- Under 2.5 goals.
- Vaalerenga win or draw